We Do Wood at a glance
We Do Wood is a danish furniture company established by the two furniture makers and designers Henrik Thygesen and Sebastian Jørgensen.
We Do Wood is based on the vision that eminent design and strict sustainability principles should go hand in hand.
- We believe that production aesthetics should never stand in the way of application aesthetics.
- We believe that functionality is the key, and that the product must be able to fit smoothly into people’s everyday lives.
- We believe in furniture that is created with respect for the environment all the way through.
We Do Wood is not just about furniture – it is a question of attitude.
Henrik Thygesen, Founder, Production- & R&D Director
- Henrik is a skilled furniture maker and he founded We Do Wood in 2006. His hard work for great, simple and sustainable furniture have nurtured We Do Wood’s growth and success.
Sebastian Jørgensen, Designer and Creative Director
- Sebastian is dedicated to design and social responsibility and combines his passion in the furniture of We Do Wood. Sebastian’s design is influenced by his artistic background as well as his furniture craftsmanship.
When we make furniture it is essential that design, quality and values go hand in hand.
We value furniture with honest design, enduring and lasting lifespan and environmentally responsible material and production.
Bamboo is a sustainable and environmentally correct material that lives up to the ethical demands we place on our furniture.
- Bamboo is the world’s fastest growing evergreen species of grass.
- Bamboo grows without insecticides, inorganic fertilizer or herbicides. Therefore, the natural animal and plant life of the habitat are not damaged by cultivation.
- Bamboo re-circulates large volumes of CO2 and produces 35 percent more oxygen than other plants in the same regions and in so doing contributes to cleaning the climate whilst it grows.
A sustainable perspective.
To us, sustainability is much more than style, material and production.
We don’t see the concept of sustainability as a passing phase, we view it as our very foundation.
Ethics and aesthetics must go hand in hand. And the opportunities are endless, once you’ve started.
- IT_Case Da Abitare_Jun_2012
- BE_Feeling Woonen_Sep_2012
- Dining Chair no. 1
- Chest 1-5
- Dining Table no 1
- Komplett Lounge Chair
- SJ Bookcase
- Lilly's Chair
- Geo's Table